Saturday, October 13, 2007

I finished the book yesterday afternoon. I can't wait to give it to Lillian. She was generous and gave me a wonderful stash of authentic Japanese rice paper. Her husband is military so this paper actually came from Japan.
The photos show (in order): the front cover, the spine, a few inside pages (with chopstick and twill binding), the inside back cover, and back cover.



























I missed Lillian's birthday as it was the first part of the school year, so this will be a belated birthday present for her. I thought it would be meaningful to incorporate some of the paper she had given to me. I chose the paper with the least busy design as I wanted to accent with patterned paper. Basic Grey's Infuse line complimented beautifully. The stamps and ink are from Stampin' Up, cardstock from Bazzill, who knows where the rest came from. (You have to see my room to understand!)

The book pattern came from a class I took at Scrap Happy Sisters over a year ago. Georgia Hauglid gave monthly classes called The Cutting Edge. The entire book is made from paper, chipboard, twill tape, and wooden skewers. I loved those classes and miss them!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

WOW love the book very nice. I saw the idea with the skewers on HGTV last yr and made one. Still sitting in a drawer I might have to get it out and finish. Love it Penny!

Liz said...

Awesome Penny

April Hall said...

That came out really good!! That paper is pretty cool stuff.