Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hearts and Decos

These three hearts are for the Puffy heart swap over at Bad Baby Art. The swap was patterned after an article in the latest issue of Cloth Paper Scissors magazine. My favorite is the denim heart made from a too-short-for-work jumper I got from someone sometime. I used the label for decoration.

I received some excess decos from one of my Yahoo groups (can't remember now which one!?) including this Faithful Friends deco. I had fabric, but had given my dog embellishments to April and borrowed them back.

A Fantasy Art Deco: Underwater Fantasy -- I wove the "seaweed" from shimmery voile-type fabric, watercolored my favorite mermaid stamp (Judikins), embellished with rhinestones and trim from a trip to a bargain fabric store here in town and all on a handpainted background (my new favorite technique!).

Lastly, another Fantasy Art Deco: Winged Beings -- stamped my favorite fairy stamp (All Night Media) with Stazon and watercolored with regular watercolor paints and some Twinkling H2Os. for the background I used a wet brush to pick up color from watercolor pencils and blended blue and purple then off stamped swirls in Iris Stazon using a stamp from the Studio G line at Michael's. The word Believe (Technique Tuesday) is stamped in Cactus Green Stazon. And again the backing is handpainted Bristol board.

No comments: