Friday, October 24, 2008

This and That

PHOTOS OF THE TRIP:
Since April is much better at getting lots of photos on a blog, please visit here to see the pics of our weeklong trip to upstate NY. Many pics of the leaves, family, sites we visited....... good stuff.
FUN WEB SITE:
I've been LMAO at this hilarious site recommended by one of my Yahoo group sisters:
LOLcats, there is also a book which brings me to my next thought:
PAPERBACK TRADING:
Visiting my sister in Binghamton, NY on my trip I noticed that she had some books ready to mail so I asked her what was up. She showed me a really great site on which you can send used paperbacks to people who want to read them and get ones you want in exchange, just for the postage (which has only been two dollars and change for each!). This is great for someone like me who chews through books like nothing! So far I have had 8 people request books from me and I should have the fourth Psychic Eye book by Victoria Laurie coming to me soon. For those crafty people, I have placed several journaling books on my wish list and am waiting to see if I can get any of them through this site. Speaking of journaling: if you have not seen any of Keri Smith's books you should! Last year in my fifth grade class I purchased several copies of "Wreck This Journal" and the kids LOVED them! I just bought "How to Be an Explorer of the World: Portable Life Museum and can't wait to dig in. Go to amazon and check them out. While you are there check out the Psychic Eye series. Here is the link for the paperback trading site:
Paperback Swap
Leave me a comment if you like any of these recommended sites or books! Thank you, now GO ENJOY LIFE TODAY!

1 comment:

mysitesrock said...

I love PaperBackSwap.com for Used Books! I've been trading books on there for a while now and have had great luck getting books on my wishlist as well as enjoying the discussion forums. The main reason I recommend them over any other book trading sites is because of there simplicity, size, and selection. Trades are simple- 1:1 for any book or 2:1 for audio books. Size- over 80,000 club members with over 2.5 million books available.
Getting Started is easy: You post 10 books and get 2 free credits to get you started trading quickly.

-Enjoy!

Oh...They also run SwapaCD.com for Trading Used CDs and SwapaDVD.com for Trading Used DVDs