Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hiking

Day 2 on Goat Camp trail in the White Tanks: My goal was to be able to reach a point on the trail where I could see the towers...... I did it!!! I had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath, but kept going. The first mile of the trail is just walking through desert, the second mile is all an uphill climb. I hiked approximately 2.1 miles onto the saddle and then back out again. It took me 3 hours yesterday morning. In AZ you have to start early because it gets hot quickly, so I hiked from 6:30 -- 9:30 a.m. Below is a picture from the trail head looking into the mountains. Near the center of the pic behind the left hand tree branch is a distinctive part that juts out.

And here is that part up close to show how far in I was:

This was taken at the saddle (2 miles in) looking back :

And here are the towers, my goal:

Although I saw no snakes this time, I did meet up with another centipede. I will be packing my digital from now on so if I take pics they will be the right size.

1 comment:

José Pavón said...

SON MARAVILLOSA LAS FOTOGRAFIAS DE LOS PAISAJES LE DOY LAS GRACIAS POR EL TIEMPOQUE USTE ADEDICADO PARA QUE NOSOTROS TEN GAMOS ESTE PLASER DE VERLAS GRACIAS.