Friday, July 25, 2008

Play Date

Today Daphne, Jesse, and I had an old fashioned play date! The original intent today was to decorate Daphne's new cast on her right wrist, well...... we didn't even get to the cast! I pulled out three papier mache houses that I purchased a while ago in the clearance section at Michael's and got to work. Daphne and her son Jesse (a student I had two years ago) were like two kids in a candy store. Daphne must have learned at least 10 techniques and we aren't even finished with our collaged houses yet! We gessoed, ripped, painted, inked, stamped, and glued. How many trips did we make to the bathroom to wash our messy hands, Daphne? I lost count... LOL! We had a blast (Daphne was a little shell-shocked trying to decide what to use from my stash, Jesse just dove in and used what he liked!)!!! Below are the houses D and I started, I must confess I was ready to let my house sit and speak to me so we stopped and will return late next week when we decide on focal points for our collage. Daphne's is blue, mine is (what else!) pink....

Jesse painted over a gesso base and then added fuschia metallic accents, colored duct tape on the roof, and some cool Jolee's stickers (which Daphne would have used had she found them first!). I think he did a good job for a seventh grader......


Daphne learned some secrets for making cards and produced this gorgeous hummingbird card for Robert's mother to thank her for the card she received in the hospital after breaking her arm lately. Remember the cast I mentioned above? Not bad work for someone in a cast, eh?

No comments: