Monday, September 22, 2008

Huge Swap Undertaking

I spent all day yesterday cutting and sewing 120 pages for a swap hosted by a Yahoo group! When I signed up for this technique swap I figured maybe 30 pages, but it mushroomed into something much bigger! The 4X4 pages are due sometime next month and I really pushed into overdrive yesterday. My background is fabric woven and then sewn to a backing using decorative stitches in colorful thread. You can see what I have done with this technique for a fabric postcard in a prior post (the checkerboard postcard). I cut and stripped the black and white fabric for six more pieces yesterday. Then I wove them into checkerboard patterns and began sewing. The pink feather pattern is complete and I got a good start on the orange fagot stitch before my shoulders started aching and I needed to take a break. This process took almost the entire day, but now all that's left is to finish the stitches, cut them and prepare the backing of cardstock with the directions! Whew! I have seen some of the pages that members have completed already and I cannot wait to get my hands on this "obese" book next month! I will be sure to post a picture when I receive this treasure!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Oh my gosh, Penny, so much work in these. I can't wait to have mine in my hot little hands!