Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Swaps

When I wasn't subbing, creating new decos, orvsigning established decos, I made several items for swaps (for Yahoo groups): The first is a fence swap for Treasure Art Trends. The requirements were a 4X6 page incorporating a fence. The background is painted with a yellow-tinted gesso resist sun, hand painted grass in foreground. The fence is painted cardboard strips and the fairy/mushroom is an enlarged stamped image. I used a combination of colored pencils, twinkling H2Os and Gelly Roll pens to color the image and then fussy cut it.

I really love how this ATC came out. It was also a swap at Treasure Art Trends, Things with Wings ATCs. The fairy is embossed onto a hand painted background and colored with twinkling H2Os. The starburst above her is stamped with white Stazon and embellished with Stickles. I bordered the card with a gold paint pen.

This is one of the two fabric postcard swaps this month at Fun Friendly. The theme was Pink and Brown only. I chose an abstract, geometric design and sewed buttons on with perle cotton.

A is for.... Arizona Applique: as an AZ resident I went with the Saguaro cactus (designed by hand) and added a blooming Cactus flower to the top using Prima paper flower and a pale yellow brad.

No comments: